Working at part of the fit-out design team, you will be required to help bring our clients’ vision to life through design development and the generation of fully resolved production ready drawings. No two projects are ever the same and the role will involve design for a wide variety of production techniques; from Metalwork Fabrication, Joinery & CNC to GRP and Solid Surface, as well as supporting our in-house scenic and art departments.
- Produce 3D CAD models using Solidworks/AutoCAD (or similar)
- Develop design solutions in conjunction with the lead designer and client
- Work as part of the design team to generate production drawings
- Communicate with other in-house design & production departments
- Ensure all design work undertaken satisfies the aesthetic requirements of our clients or their brand or IP
- Responsible for technical and structural integrity of designs, liaising with experts as required
- Perform other duties and take on responsibilities which may be assigned from time to time
Skills and Experience
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience within high end engineering design or production design environment.
- Excellent understanding of technical details, diverse materials and materials technology, commercial and industrial build processes, bespoke fabrication in joinery, metal and plastics
- Have excellent track record and working experience in 2D and 3D CAD based design systems, such as Solidworks and AutoCad.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, integrity, respect for confidentiality, sound judgment and decision-making skills.
- Ability to self-manage workloads and effectively prioritise tasks.
Advantageous Skills and Experience
- Experience in large-scale steel structures or sculptures, welding and weld symbols
- Previous experience of multi-tasking in a busy design office.
- Experience in producing Architectural General Arrangement plans and Electrical layout drawings.
- Advanced 3D modelling skills.
- Full driving licence and willingness to travel (UK & abroad) if required.
- Knowledge of construction trades and practices.
- Knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator and Office based software an advantage.
- Forward thinking
- Team Player
- Willingness to work flexibly and support colleagues when required
- Must be efficient, detail minded, hardworking and responsible with a positive working attitude
If you feel you are the right candidate for this role, please send your CV and examples of work to email@example.com
Job Description - Fit-Out Designer (pdf 0.12mb)
View all our vacancies