Maintenance and Repair Technician
Role Specification and Summary of Role Responsibilities
Paragon Creative would like to recruit a technician to maintain and repair exhibits and installations in museums and attractions in the UK, Europe, the Middle East, and around the world. Many of these exhibits were designed and built in the past by the company, however we also provide maintenance and repair services for attraction containing other companies’ work.
This position will be partly based on our workshops in York, and partly a mobile role involving a significant amount of travel. Transport, accommodation, and expenses will be provided for all travel.
When not carrying out mobile repairs and maintenance, the remainder of the candidate’s time will be used to either:
- Work with our teams on installations throughout the UK and the rest of the World
- Carry out more extensive alterations and repairs to items which have been removed from site during a maintenance visit and returned to our workshops in York
- Assist our in-house teams to build or assemble exhibits as required
Skills, Experience, and Person Specification
- Able to demonstrate a proven track record of technical maintenance and repair of a selection of; thematic set works, mechanisms, electronics, digital controllers, AV equipment. Ideally 3 years’ experience will be required
- An excellent problem solver and improvisor with a can-do attitude
- Self-motivated to work to the highest standards of workmanship and quality
- Happy to remain calm and methodical under pressure
- Proactive, organised, efficient, and detailed
- An excellent communicator with a good level of IT literacy
- Happy to travel alone within the UK and to foreign countries, and to work antisocial or long hours
Please email email@example.com with an up to date CV. Please note: no telephone applications.
View all our vacancies