Exhibit Builder - Mechanical Assembly
Involves the build of interactive exhibits and games often with a mechanical aspect for use in museums, theme parks, malls and many other locations. Assemblies range from simple static bolt together pieces to complex bespoke mechanical builds involving motors, pumps, hydraulics, custom 3D printed parts and the list goes on. Working with historic museums to film studios the variety of different work always keeps things interesting. This role is mainly workshop based with UK wide and international travel for installation work as well. Freelance or full time workers are encouraged to apply.
- Must be comfortable working with general workshop equipment as well as hand and power tools. Additional training will be provided but must have a good base knowledge
- Must have a minimum 3 years hands on workshop experience
- The ability to work from technical drawings to assemble a variety of different products to the highest standards
- A lot of work done from HDPE and Acrylic makes plastics experience an advantage but must have an understanding of other common materials like wood and metal as well
- Need to be able to work independently or in a group during every stage of the build process from prototyping to installation
- Must have good communication and interpersonal skills, sound judgement and decision making skills
- Must work well under pressure and be able to adhere to deadlines while working efficiently and effectively
- Must have a valid Passport and be willing and flexible to travel across the UK and other international locations
- Additional advantages would include experience with CNC routers, milling machines and lathes
Please send your C.V and examples of your previous work to email@example.com
Due to the high volume of applicants we recieve on a daily basis, if you do not hear back within 4 weeks, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
View all our vacancies