Ideally you will have a proven track record and a full understanding of the development and fit-out of museum, theme park, leisure, retail and other visitor attraction related projects. Will be able to personally manage projects ranging from £50K to £500K and, as part of the wider team, manage projects with project values ranging from £500K to £10m
Summary of Role Responsibilities
Predominately office based role within a creative office environment and will report to the Head of Estimating. You will assist him and other Department Managers and Directors with:
- The preparation of Estimates and Tenders
- Liaise with clients and suppliers to ensure projects are efficiently costed and managed through the pricing and tendering process – generating quotations, PQQ’s and tender submissions for minor and/or major works of values £10k – £7m
- Sourcing and negotiating terms with subcontractors
- Producing sub-contractor tender packs to contractual / HSE regulated standards
- Working closely with and supporting project and department managers on a daily basis
- Accompanied and unaccompanied site surveys and meetings with clients, project managers and directors as necessary, throughout the UK and also abroad
- General administration to support the team as necessary
Skills and Experience
- A minimum 3-5 years’ experience in an Assistant Estimating /Quantity Surveying role.
- Must have an excellent understanding of all technical drawings and knowledge of AutoCAD.
- Must have an excellent knowledge of design, materials, production processes, integration of specialist works (such as AV, Lighting) and other trades used in high end fit-out and permanent exhibition works.
- Excellent negotiation, interpersonal, organisational and IT skills
- Good time management and prioritising skills are a must
- An excellent working knowledge of Excel is essential
- Be bright, outgoing, efficient and enthusiastic
- Can work on own initiative and as part of a team
Please email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to the high volume of applicants we recieve on a daily basis, if you do not hear back within 4 weeks, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
View all our vacancies