Summary of Role Responsibilities
- Creation and maintenance of supplier, credit card and employee expense accounts ensuring appropriate information is recorded and weekly payment run processed.
- Creation and maintenance of customer accounts, invoicing and credit control including aged debtor chasing & reporting.
- Processing timesheets and associated reporting.
- Bank reconciliations including all postings.
- Managing the petty cash float, ensuring costs are posted regularly and float is reconciled and topped up when required.
- Statutory returns, CIS, VAT, EC Sales and office of national statistics.
- Periodic project reviews with project managers.
- Assist in the creation of the monthly management accounts, including updating and maintaining balance sheet schedules.
- Ensure all project billing is up to date.
- Monthly stock transfers.
- Cashbook maintenance.
- Budget holder reports and reviews.
- Assist with year end statutory accounts process, liaising with auditors.
- Ad hoc duties as required.
Skills and Experience
- AAT or studying towards a professional qualification.
- Good track record & experience working and multi-tasking within a small but busy accounts environment.
- The candidate must be pro-active, self-motivated and have a high level of enthusiasm; be conscientious and used to dealing with confidential data and have a keen eye for detail.
- Excellent planning, organisational skills and able to work to strict deadlines.
- Computer Skill of written and oral communication skills at all levels.
- Must be flexible and adapt well to changing job requirements Required: Microsoft Excel/Office/Word to a high level and Sage 200 is preferable.
- Good knowledge of accounts software and the ability to learn fast.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Forward thinking.
- Committed/ Hardworking/ Reliable worker.
- Able to work as an individual and as part of a team.
This is a full-time position. Salary and package dependant on experience and skill base.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org Please note: no telephone applications.
View all our vacancies